The Tactical EMS School
Essentials for Tactical Medic Certification
September 20th – 25th , 2020 at Camp Ripley, MN
Please Allow Us To Introduce Ourselves…
We are current and active members of the tactical arena as well as students and practitioners of Tactical EMS. Like you, we learn what works and what does not through good faith trial and error and communicating with our peers. We use the term “training cadre” to describe ourselves and we do this with the utmost humility and respect. As a diverse group of professionals from all over the United States, we share simple but very strong cultural beliefs and values. Here are some things we have learned and truths we openly declare:
- Our role as leaders, teachers, trainers and coaches is a privilege that we treat as a legacy.
- We honor our mentors by mentoring others. We share our gifts and talents in good faith just as they were bequeathed to us. Honor, character, and integrity is a precious commodity that must be preserved and modeled.
- Through preplanning, education, modeling behavior and “doing the right thing” we have the opportunity to serve our fellow man in a noble way preventing harm.
- It is rarely necessary to sacrifice a relationship in order to achieve an outcome. We enthusiastically leave politics, ego, and self-aggrandizement behind.
- If we don’t know…we say so! Self-proclaimed experts and self-indulging arrogance get good people killed.
- Teamwork is a demonstrated behavior, much more than a political candidate’s buzzword.
- Building an inclusive team is more productive and will yield better results that building an exclusive club.
- Positive energy feeds, negative energy drains!
- When it is time for battle, fight fiercely and intelligently. The rest of the time…be nice.
The Tactical EMS School: Essentials for Tactical Medic Certification
Course Fee: $1,750 (Early Bird $1,500 until July 10th, 2020)
Sunday, September 20, 2020 at 09:00
The Tactical EMS School is a 70+ hour training camp designed for the operator who will oversee or directly deliver emergency medical care for a team or organization. Skills, drills, case studies and operational exercises are based heavily upon the current Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) model with an emphasis on prevention, preparedness, occupational medicine, improvisational ability, and a penchant for functioning as an effective team member. Our educational content is approved by CoTECC and the International
Board for Specialty Certifications (IBSC) recognizes our program for the recertification of tactical medics. Our course is valid for the novice and veteran alike, from first responder to emergency physician, as everyone has a role to play in every circumstance. Our program is residency-based with lodging and meals provided since most days run for 12 hours. We have offered this continually-evolving course annually since 1987.
Application: Download the 2020 TEMS Application Form (PDF)
Application: Download the 2020 TEMS Application Form (DOC)
Equipment List: Download the Participant Equipment List (PDF)
Begin: Sunday, September 20, 2020 at 09:00
End: Friday, September 25, 2020 at 16:00
Director: Todd Burke
Location: Camp Ripley
15000 Minnesota 115
Little Falls, MN 56345
2020 marks our 33rd year of delivering realistic and valid training for tactical medical operators. The Tactical EMS School is a comprehensive and direct approach designed to give the operator what they want and need in a realistic and professional environment while training-in-context!
Mornings begin before breakfast with injury prevention and team initiatives. Our curriculum is predominantly practical with many operational exercises including full mission profiles. Enroll before July 12th for $1,500 which includes lodging and meals. After July 12th the course fee is $1,750. This program is appropriate for all disciplines/levels of training from first responder to emergency physician. Participants receive approx. 70 CME’s. We are a registered and approved training entity with a national cadre of coaches. Join us for the experience of a lifetime!
Casualty Collection Points
Cover and Concealment
Less Lethal Munitions
Active Shooter Deployment
Low Light Engagements
TC3 / TECC
Care Under Fire
Preplanning and Triage
K9 Medical and Trauma
Small Team Movement
Extrication and Rescue
Proper Patient Packaging
Tactical Trauma Life Support
Extended Field Care
Immediate Action Drills
Managing K9 Emergencies
Register now and accept the challenge! Take this opportunity to work and train with motivated peers and learn new and exciting skills and drills. Why? Because we’re a team!
Educational content recognized by the Committee for Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (CTECC) Approved by the International Board for Specialty Certifications (IBSC).