The shotgun may be the most misunderstood small arm in the modern defensive arsenal. It is an excellent tool capable of superior precision at ranges exceeding 100 yards. Inside distances of 20 feet, where 91% of gunfights take place, the shotgun reigns supreme. Join us and learn!
8 Hour Training
- Loading, Unloading, and Reloading
- Sighting and Sight Picture
- Fighting Platforms
- Target Acquisition – “Snapping In”
- Ammunition Selection
- Cover & Cornering
- Shooting On the Move
- Engaging Multiple Threats
- Personal Safety and Survival
- CQB (Close Quarters Battle)
- Pump or semi-automatic shotgun with 350 rounds field loads (birdshot), 10 rounds 00 buckshot, and 10 rifled slugs
- Shotgun MUST HAVE a sling permitting muzzle-down, front body carry (single-point or three-point models are fine, no “soldier carry”)
- Safety glasses, hearing protection, cap with brim, knee pads
- Comfortable clothing and foot wear suitable for training outdoors.
Fitness, Mobility, and Physical Activity
Participants should be in good physical condition and capable of moderate physical activity. The ability to fire from the kneeling position (knee pads required) will be addressed. Participants should be able to move (walk) forward, backward, left and right with the shotgun in a shouldered position for short periods of time. Our curriculum involves repetitive drilling with the shotgun from a combat-ready firing position so reasonable upper body strength is required. You need not be an athlete to participate, but note that those who are significantly overweight, nicotine dependent, or in poor aerobic health will have difficulty mastering the concepts presented.