“Everyone should take this course” is what our graduates report. Requiring only 1⁄2 day with no ammunition expense, this course is time and cost-effective and completely skill-oriented!
Practical Pistol Skills
- Draw and presentation
- How to move and be flexible
- Low light and no light
- Threat assessment
- Seated and on the ground
- Moving through a crowd
- Stairways, corridors, corners
- Pistol retention
- Verbal commands; controlling a suspect at gunpoint
- Managing stress and making good decisions under duress
- Your carry pistol with a well-fitting and secure holster and at least 3 magazines;
- Clothing suitable for moderate physical activity and adequate to conceal your pistol;
- Comfortable footwear;
- Knee pads (those who cannot kneel will not be required to do so);
- Clear lens eye protection (regular prescription glasses are fine);
- High intensity flashlight (compact with an ON/OFF tail cap switch is preferred);
- Small hand towel and ski or stocking cap (to use as impromptu blindfold)
- Bring NO AMMUNITION into class. This course is completely dry fire skills and drills.
Weather and Cancellation Policy
The course is indoors. We train regardless of the weather and postpone only if conditions become unsafe or unsuitable for training. That decision is made by the lead instructor and the safety officer. In the very unlikely event that we must postpone training you will be given preference in the next open class.
Saturday, January 16, 2021 (0800-1200)