ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME. There is no prerequisite for this training.
Low Light Pistol Skills
This is a pure skills course with no ammunition requirement. According to the National Institute of Justice, the majority of gunfights take place in low or diminished lighting conditions. This includes ambient natural and artificial light as well as the use of illumination tools. There are specific principles for how to operate in diminished light that drives correct tactics and motor skills which are NOT intuitive; they must be learned and practiced. There is more to prevailing in a low light encounter than holding a pistol in one hand and a flashlight in the other!
This 4-hour indoor course is a perfect precursor or companion/review course to our fall live-fire range course CCW3: Prevailing In Low Light. This is also a budget-friendly way to practice motor skills in a real-world setting such as a church, community center, or school since there is no live-fire range component and ammunition is not required.
None. All skill and experience levels are welcome.
- The 8 Principles of Fighting in Low Light
- Light as a Force Option and Communication Tool
- How to Use a High-Intensity Light Properly
- Angles and Corners – Tactical Geometry
- Correct Use of Cover – Corners, Doorways, Stairways, and Halls
- Controlling Your Movements in the Dark
- Equipment Manipulation
We will assist the operator in learning and reinforcing critical real-world skills that include being able to:
- Draw and manipulate a pistol and flashlight at the same time
- Move in the dark and understand when to use light and when to leave the light off
- Select from several different flashlight techniques that work for your particular physical abilities
- Perform reloading, stoppage, and malfunction drills with a firearm and flashlight in hand
- Perform verbal challenges and how to hold someone at gunpoint
- Operate under stress and maintain self-control in a dark environment
This is what you need to bring with you to class:
- Minimum of 3 magazines for pistol (no ammunition required)
- Holster worn IWB or OWB on belt/waistline
- Jacket, hoodie, or heavy shirt to work from concealment
- High-intensity flashlight with tailcap switch (side buttons are a handicap)
- Clear lens eye protection
- Knee pads and hydration source
- Positive mindset & willingness to learn!
March 13, 2021 (0800-1200)