Improve your skills in learning how to assess and immediately manage common life‐threats and traumatic injuries.
Crisis Casualty Care
Concepts are based upon the military model of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TC3) and the most current information and case studies from the United States military’s Special Operations Command (SOCOM). We have offered this course to police, fire, and EMS professionals across the country for several years.
- The following subjects will be covered in class:
- Airway Management
- Managing Uncontrolled Bleeding
- Tourniquets and Hemostatic Agents
- Effective Trauma Dressings
- Infection Control and Barrier Devices
- Chest and Abdominal Injuries
- Recognizing and Treating Shock
- Performing Physical Assessment
- Emergency Patient Movement
- Items to Include in a Trauma Kit
This is not a basic first aid course and we will not spend the day watching videos and rolling bandages! it is not our intent to cover every possible illness or injury. We will address how to recognize and immediately treat common traumatic wounds and medical emergencies in the minutes before advanced life support arrives or in the event that additional help will not be available for some time. CPR is an important and valid skill but due to time constraints it is not included in this day of training.
No prior medical training is necessary to participate. If you are a licensed EMT or paramedic, CME units are provided. Tactical Training Specialties is an accredited training entity with the Missouri Bureau of Emergency Medical Services.
Saturday, February 5, 2022 (0800-1600)