We begin in the early afternoon and work well into the evening in order to take advantage of the natural low light environment. Since the majority of firearms encounters occur in the low light environment we will prepare for, and drill in, that arena! Our program is dynamic and skill intensive.
CCW2: Principles of Personal Defense
- Smooth Deployment
- Effective Reloading
- Angles and Corners
- Correct Use of Cover
- Multiple Threats
- Shooting on the Move
- Horizontal and Vertical Displacements
- Principles of Low Light
- Light as a Force Option
- Communication Skills
- CQB Techniques
We will assist the operator in learning and reinforcing critical real-world skills that include being able to:
- Load, unload, and reload without looking at the hands or the weapon
- Move forward, backward, and laterally under control with a firearm and a flashlight
- Access and manipulate personal equipment while keeping focus on threat areas
- Maintain mental, physical, and emotional control when minor to moderate stress is induced
- Operate under stress and in an environment where you are preparing to fight for your life!
You will need all of these things for a successful training session:
- Pistol with minimum of 350 rounds
- Minimum of 3 magazines for pistol
- Holster worn on the dominant hip
- Jacket or cover to conceal pistol
- A high intensity flashlight with holster (some are available for loan)
- Rain gear & clothing for weather conditions
- Eye & ear protection
- Ball cap or cap with brim
Knee pads and hydration source
- Bag or duffel to contain your gear
- Positive mindset & willingness to learn!
There are no reviews yet.