This program is designed for those who have completed a CCW-1 course or for the person who already possesses sound firearms handling and safety fundamentals.
CCW2: Principles of Personal Defense
This dynamic and skill-oriented class addresses the realities of combat and the skills necessary to effectively fight and defend yourself with a firearm. We use a building-block approach to ensure that participants learn safe, proven, and tactically sound methods of handling and manipulating their firearm, and they are comfortable with how their firearm operates. We ensure that this occurs through repetitive drilling with constant positive and constructive feedback.
- Proper Draw Stroke
- Environmental Awareness
- Tactical Reloading
- Giving Verbal Commands
- Correct Use of Cover
- Addressing Multiple Threats
- Correcting Malfunctions
- Mindset: Overcoming Fear
- Shooting on the Move
- Horizontal & Vertical Displacements
- Bilateral Shooting Platforms
CCW1 or a person with sound firearms handling and safety fundamentals.
You will need all of these things for a successful training session:
- Pistol with minimum of 300 rounds
- Minimum of 3 magazines or speed loaders and pouch
- Holster worn on belt – the dominant hip
- Jacket or cover to conceal pistol
- Supportive footwear
- Hearing protection
- Rain gear & clothing for weather conditions
- Eye protection
- Ball cap or cap with brim
- Knee pads and hydration source
- Bag or duffel to contain your gear
- Positive mindset & willingness to learn!
May 14, 2022 (0800-1600), August 20, 2022 (0800-1600), November 19, 2022 (0800-1600)