This program will qualify you to obtain your endorsement for carrying a concealed firearm according to Missouri State Statute.
CCW1: Concealed Firearm Training Course
PLEASE NOTE: This is an 8-hour program which will qualify you to obtain your endorsement for carrying a concealed firearm according to Missouri State Statute. This is also an excellent class for those wanting to learn or refresh firearms safety and basic marksmanship skills. We are credentialed operators and instructors who have significant experience in firearms training and we enjoy helping others learn, and our course is approved by the Missouri Department of Public Safety – Police Officer Standards and Training.
Number: ccw1 080417-1
Tutor: Todd Burke
Location: The Green Valley Rifle & Pistol Club
4350 Academy Road
Hallsville, MO 65255
Fees: $ 100.00
Topics and Content
- Personal Responsibility and Liability
- §563 – Use of Force & Self Defense
- §571 – Firearms and Weapons
- The Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Safety at Home and During Travel
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Live-Fire Exercises, Managing Stress
- Interacting with Law Enforcement
You Will Need the Following Equipment for Class
- Semiautomatic pistol or Revolver with 100 rounds of ammunition.
- Safety glasses (prescription or sunglasses are OK) and hearing protection.
- Proof of identification: driver’s license, passport, or legal photo ID
- Comfortable clothing and footwear suitable for training outdoors.
Missouri State Law was amended on August 28th, 2014 removing the requirement to train with two guns. You may now select one handgun to train with.
Important Notes about Firearm Selection
- 22 single action revolvers (western style) are a poor choice for self-defense and they not allowed due to prolonged time that is required for loading, unloading, and reloading – particularly for the novice shooter.
- Subcompact or ultra small pistols that fit in the palm of your hand (such as 22’s, 25’s, 32’s, and many 380’s) are NOT a good choice for many people. If your pistol does not allow you to make a secure grip with ALL of your bottom three fingers you will not have as positive an experience as the person with a full-grip handgun. A too-small pistol can be dangerous for the handler!
The following information is needed to prepare your registration and endorsement materials.
E-mail the following to:
Todd Burke at email@example.com
- Your legal name (including middle init.)
- Complete mailing address
- Home, cell, and work phone numbers
- Your date of birth
- The make, model, and caliber of the pistol you will be training with
- How you heard about our course.
The course fee is payable by cash or check at the beginning of class.
You will receive confirmation by e-mail.
January 21, 2023, April 1, 2023, May 6, 2023, July 1, 2023, September 2, 2023, December 2, 2023
There are no reviews yet.