COURSE OVERVIEW – 8 Hour Training
Properly deployed the semiautomatic, box magazine fed rifle is an incredibly versatile and effective tool at distances from several feet to several hundred yards. This program emphasizes competency with your rifle and gear, sound tactics and techniques, and marksmanship skills. We will teach you proven and effective tactics for how to fight with a rifle!
- Loading, Unloading, and Reloading
- Sighting and Sight Picture
- Fighting Platforms
- Target Acquisition - “Snapping In”
- Cover & Cornering
- Shooting On the Move
- Engaging Multiple Threats
- Personal Safety and Survival
- CQB (Close Quarters Battle)
- Bilateral Shooting Techniques
YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING EQUIPMENT FOR CLASS
- Semiautomatic rifle with a minimum of 500 rounds ammunition
- Rifle MUST HAVE a sling permitting a muzzle-down, front body carry. Example: http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=70GS05 (“Soldier carry” slings over one shoulder are not acceptable)
- Minimum of 3 magazines with a 20-round or greater capacity
- Safety glasses, hearing protection, cap with brim, knee pads
- Comfortable clothing and foot wear suitable for training outdoors.
FITNESS, MOBILITY, AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Participants should be in good physical condition and capable of moderate physical activity. The ability to fire from the kneeling position (knee pads required) will be addressed. Enrollees should be able to move (walk) forward, backward, left and right with the rifle in a shouldered position for short periods of time. Our curriculum involves repetitive drilling with the rifle from a combat-ready firing position so reasonable upper body strength is required. You need not be an athlete to participate, but note that those who are significantly overweight, nicotine dependent, or in poor aerobic health will have difficulty mastering the concepts presented.
HOW TO ENROLL IN CLASS:
For additional information please contact
To enroll in this class e-mail the following information:
1. Your full name and mailing address
2. Home AND cell phone numbers
3. Your date of birth
4. Make and model of your rifle (note the importance of having the
proper type of sling described above)
You will receive confirmation of your enrollment by e-mail
We will deploy the rifle from a variety of positions and teach you how to effectively use cover.
The semiautomatic magazine-fed rifle is a weapon of choice for men and women alike.
Expensive optical or ACOG sighting systems are useful and great to have, buth they are not required. The iron sights your rifle was born with will work just fine!