Welcome to The Essentials of Tactical EMS
September 22-27, 2013 at Camp Ripley, MN
Please Allow Us To Introduce Ourselves...
We are current and active members of the tactical arena as well as students and practitioners of Tactical EMS. Like you, we learn what works and what does not through good faith trial and error and communicating with our peers. We use the term “training cadre” to describe ourselves and we do this with the utmost humility and respect. As a diverse group of professionals from all over the United States, we share simple but very strong cultural beliefs and values. Here are some things we have learned and truths we openly declare:
- Our role as leaders, teachers, trainers and coaches is a privilege that we treat as a legacy.
- We honor our mentors by mentoring others. We share our gifts and talents in good faith just as they were bequeathed to us. Honor, character, and integrity is a precious commodity that must be preserved and modeled.
- Through preplanning, education, modeling behavior and “doing the right thing” we have the opportunity to serve our fellow man in a noble way preventing harm.
- It is rarely necessary to sacrifice a relationship in order to achieve an outcome. We enthusiastically leave politics, ego, and self-aggrandizement behind.
- If we don’t know...we say so! Self-proclaimed experts and self-indulging arrogance get good people killed.
- Teamwork is a demonstrated behavior, much more than a political candidate’s buzzword.
- Building an inclusive team is more productive and will yield better results that building an exclusive club.
- Positive energy feeds, negative energy drains!
- When it is time for battle, fight fiercely and intelligently. The rest of the time...be nice.
Click HERE to download info and application materials